new ad

Singer Carrie Underwood debuts 'Hallelujah' music video with John Legend

Singer Carrie Underwood debuts 'Hallelujah' music video with John Legend


Carrie Underwood debuted her music video for her duet with John Legend, "Hallelujah."

The footage, which features two singers in the middle of a freak winter wonderland, debuted on Thursday, November 19 via Facebook.

Carrie Underwood and John Legend debuted their music video for their duet, "Hallelujah."

The singers can be seen singing their hearts out in the middle of a winter wonderland.

Carrie Underwood marks 15th anniversary of her 'American Idol' win

Legend co-wrote the song, which appears on the country singer's first-ever Christmas album, "My Gift."

"Hallelujah," which was co-written by Legend, appears on Underwood's first-ever Christmas album, "My Gift," which also features a duet of "Little Drummer Boy" with her 5-year-old son, Isaac.

"My Gift" was released Sept. 25 and features 11 songs in total, two of which the "American Idol" winner co-wrote. Those originals from her include "Let There Be Peace" and "Sweet Baby Jesus," which appear alongside other holiday-themed favorites such as "Silent Night." The Amazon Music version of the album also features an exclusive song, "Favorite Time of the Year," which Underwood also co-wrote.

Underwood said in September that creating "My Gift" "has been good for my heart."

She said: "The journey of writing and recording this album started last year when I finished my tour and we could have never anticipated the circumstances we would be in this year. Creating this album has been good for my heart, and I'm thrilled to get to share it with the world and to bring it to life with Playtone and HBO Max."

Carrie Underwood celebrates 10-year marriage to Mike Fisher with adorably 'awkward' throwback pics

Underwood previously teased the music video premiere of "Hallelujah" on Wednesday, Nov. 18, on Instagram. 

"This song and its message is much needed right now and I'm honored to have it on my Christmas album, 'My Gift,'" the 37-year-old shared at the time. "I hope you like it."